- 1. Introduction (16/8)
In this class, we will introduce the lectures and lab sessions for the semester. We will also discuss causal inference and how it can be applied to study experiments and with observational data.
- 2. Hypothesis Testing with DiffinDiff and Regression Models (23/8)
In this class, we will do a lab to explore the differences between a hypothesis test of a difference in means (Diff in Diff) and how the same test can be conducted using a multiple regression model.
- 3. Regression Basics (30/8 and 6/9)
Stock and Watson, Chapter 4 and 5.
Mastering Metrics. Chapters 2.
- 4. Multicollinearity and Omitted Variable Bias (13/9, 20/9, 27/9)
- 5. Using Multiple Regression Dummy Variables and Interaction Effects (4/10 e 11/10)
- Mid-term Exam (18/10)
- OVB: Point and Confidence Interval Estimation (25/10)
- Clarify (1/11)
- (8/11) Working Groups on Final Replication Project
- (22/11 e 29/11) Using Clarify for Hyptothesis Testing
- (6/12) Working Group on Final Replication Projet II
- 13/12 (Final Group Presentations)