This course helps students to learn the project management concepts, tools and skills that apply in the context of business organizations. Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Define how project
management helps organizations in accomplishing strategic objectives.
- Explain the roles that
project management play in the implementation
of new businesses.
and apply effective project management techniques that help organizations to carry
out large-scale projects on time, on budget and with minimal disruption to the
rest of the business.
- Understand the role that
project management techniques plays in time and resource constrained
undertakings such as product development, systems development and implementation,
organizational development, product customization etc.
- Define the essential
features that distinguish project oriented organizations from process and
product oriented organizations.
- Define the role of the
project manager and other project management tools such as PMOs and portfolio
management processes in business organization.
- Explain how project
management skills can help general and functional managers to deal with
- Understand and explain the major concepts in the field of project management: managerial processes, knowledge areas, life cycle, areas of application.
- Strategic alignment.
- Sustainability and project management –
life cycle analysis.
- Project planning applied to business
planning and product development.
- Product ideation and creation: design
- Project management methodologies – PMBOK
Guide, Prince and Agile Project Management.
- Project quality management.
- Project oriented organizations.
- Project manager’s role and competences.
- Program and Project portfolio management.
- Project Management Offices.
- Education in project management.
- History of project management practices
- Project knowledge management.
- Project scorecard.
- Management by projects.
- Human resources management
- Applications of project management:
health, pharmaceutical, defense, efficiency, information technology,
advertising, sports competitions etc.
- Project complexity management.
- Project team organization and
- Docente: ANTONIO CESAR AMARU MAXIMIANO